In most countries is this fun tradition of hanging a fish in the back of somebody for a little joke. April's fool! Have somebody caught you yesterday?
So for me, when I think of April, beside all birthdays that I need to celebrate for friends and family, I think of a fish! Ah! Ah!
What did I use for this card:
- Perpetual birthday calendar stamp set. - P#13716
- By the tide stamp set - Clear #129120 Wood #131910
- Whisper White cardstock.
- Encore! silver metallic inkpad (retired)
- Aqua painters - #103954
- Micron0 archival ink pen. (Sakura)
- Corner punch (optional)
- Memento black inkpad.
- Heat tool (optional)
Color Combo for this card:
How to make this card:
- Cut a white 4 x 3 card using the project life cards & labels framelits, or use your trimmer and a corner punch.
- Stamp your background in tempting turquoise with the background stamp from the Perpetual Birthday calendar stamp.
- Stamp once dried, stamp the "corals" with Mint Macaron from the By the tide stamp set.
- Stamp the text over with Memento ink.
- On a scrap piece of whisper white, stamp the fish. Use aquapainters to color it.
First, apply Soft Sky all over the fish with your aquapainter. Let dry or use your heat tool.
Second, apply Lost Lagon over the top and bottom fins as well as the tail.Let dry or heat it.
Third, apply Lost Lagon on the bally's fish and before it dries out, apply Daffodile Delight from the middle of the fish to the bottom. Overlap both colors to create the green effect.
Let you fish dry or heat good. The paper must be completely dried before fast cutting it.
- Glue the fish on the middle of the card. Use your archival pen to draw bubbles. Use an old aqua painter to color them with your metallic silver inkpad. (put a little bit of ink on a baker sheet or an acrylic bloc then gently take some with your paintbrush)
Your card is finished! I hope you enjoyed creating it as much as I did.
Do you want to order the basic material for this project? Contact me to place your order at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 020.697.22.58. Shipping is free when you come to pick it up in Amsterdam.